Sunday, May 16, 2010

The egg and eye

What my egg made me realize about myself:

I got my egg, and it my opinion it was a little dirty, so I immediately took it to the bathroom on the first floor after class and washed it with warm water and soap.

I already knew this part about myself, that I am somewhat of a clean freak. But where it took me next was something I already knew, but hadn't truthfully realized about myself yet.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 people. I know my life is a little cluttered and that we always have at least 7 people walking around the apartment, just because we like to hang out with our friends. I had left the egg on the kitchen table on a Bud Light twist off cap, and came back the next day and it was gone. So I had to ask around a little bit and one of my roommates told me his friend threw it out at the fence late at night.

This really made me mad because I had been feeling kind of suffocated because the clutter in my life, I am taking 12 credit hours this semester, 19 next semester, 18 the next semester, and 8 to finish off my final year of school. I just know how much privacy I don't have now and I also know I didn't get the real chance I wanted to do something with the egg, but it did help me come to a realization.

I know my life is so busy right now and I guess I just want a little space. But to top things off, it didn't help that someone robbed our apartment later that night while we were all here sleeping around 3 A.M. So I got my laptop, xbox 360, electric guitar, and my ps2 stolen while I was in my own home. All that aside, I didn't want to get another egg and replace the one Beth gave us. I just wanted to sum up what was happening in my life at the same time that happened to my egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment